1875 - 1876
The ground was situated on the south side of Great Western Road at Barrington Drive. It was leased to us by the Glasgow Accies who were formed in 1866, they in turn became the Glasgow Hawks in 1997.Our first match while at Burnbank was on the 11th September 1875 when we entertained our old foes Vale of Leven who at the time were second only in stature to Queens Park. The Rangers managed to achieve a very notable 1-1 draw. We also hosted Clydesdale here on a couple of occasions, a relationship that was to bear fruit in the coming years.
Whilst at Burnbank Moses McNeil became the first ever Rangers player to be capped by Scotland when he played against Wales at Hamilton Crescent Partick on 25th March 1876. Our last match at Burnbank was on 18th March 1876 a 0-0 draw with Clydesdale.
The Rangers were continuing to grow and would soon be on the move again to plant our first roots on the City's South-Side.
Cricket being played at Burnbank