1876 - 1887
At the end of season 1875-76 Rangers had agreed to take over Clydesdale Cricket Clubs Kinning Park Ground, as they were moving to a new location at Titwood, where they remain today. Clydesdale played both football and cricket at the time. The playing field was situated where the eastbound carriageway of the M8 now runs.
Our new ground was officially opened on 2nd September 1876 with a fixture against Vale of Leven in front of a crowd of 1,500.
The Rangers recorded a 2-1 win which at the time cause a real stir. It was our finest victory to date. Rangers were now growing rapidly and becoming the 'talk of the town'. Later that season the Rangers were to contest their first ever Scottish Cup Final at Hamilton Crescent, a contest that saw our Club taking a strong foot-hold in Scottish Football, we had become of age, incredibly we were only in our fifth year.
On the 26th February 1887 the ever growing Rangers played their last game at Kinning Park with a game between The Moderns and Ancients, the Ancients team was comprised of players from our early days at Fleshers Haugh.
We looked at a ground in the Strathbungo area of Glasgow, but locals were concerned at the idea as Rangers had by this time attracted a rather rough element to our support.
We eventually decided to move along the Paisley Road to Ibrox, which at that time was even further out in the country.