Search
  • Vallance

The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project and the Mackenzie Brothers Rangers FC 1882-1906.




The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project and the Mackenzie Brothers Rangers FC 1882-1906.


A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of locating the final resting place of Dugald and Alexander Mackenzie in Cathcart Cemetery Glasgow. Restoration work and the placing of a memorial plaque has now been carried out. A special thanks goes out to Billy and Alison Fletcher for their assistance.




Dugald MacKenzie.


Vice President 1890-91

President 1891/92 and 1895/96

Director 1900/1901 and 1905/06


Dugald MacKenzie became President of Rangers in 1891 and retained the honourable position until 1896.


He was also president of the SFA and the Scottish Amateur Athletic Union.


When cycle racing was at it’s zenith in the 1890’s Dugald often travelled to bring the most famous cyclists of the day to the Rangers Sports.


Dugald was President of Rangers when we won our first ever Scottish Cup in 1894. As a life member he was presented with a gold badge in 1896 for his tireless work with our Club.




Alexander Bryce MacKenzie


Player 1882/83 and 1891/92

Director 1899/00 and 1910/11


Alex had the distinction of playing in every position for the Rangers and was known as ‘’ The handyman’’.


He undoubtedly was a quality player as playing for ten years back in the 1880’s was quite an achievement. He went on to become a Director at our Club and also served on various committee’s once his playing days were over.





The MacKenzie brothers gave many years of service to our Club and today are remembered by the worldwide Rangers support.

73 views0 comments